How To Choose Your Standing Seam
Stiffening Ribs and Clip Relief
Stiffening Ribs and Clip Relief for standing seam panels
- Clip Relief helps accommodate the clip and fasteners under the standing seam panel and protect against the fastener marking the panel from underneath, also will provide some stiffening to avoid oil canning.
- Stiffening Ribs are the two flat ribs on the panel used to help the standing seam metal roof panel against oil canning or thermo expansion, the stiffening ribs will not guarantee that the metal roof will not oil can, they certainly help.
Clip Relief on Standing seam panels.
- Clip Relief Helps accommodate the clip and fasteners under the panel and protect against the fastener marking the panel from underneath, also will provide some stiffening to avoid oilcanning.
- This Standing Seam Metal roofing panel has a cleaner look by just having the Clip Relief on the sides, this doesn't necessarily means that your metal roofing will oilcan since oilcanning could occur dur to a variety of other factors.
- The wider the panels are, greater chances to have oilcanning on your Standing Seam Metal Roof.
- Ask your installer to check the condition of the substrate and other factors that could be a factor for oilcanning before they start.
- We recommend using the stiffening ribs when possible but there also a very effective way is to use 1/2'' backer rod under the panels.
- This Standing Seam Metal Roofing panel has no ribs and its the most used by homeowners, when the metal roof is fabricated using steel galvalume versus aluminum it has less thermo expansion helping against oilcanning but not always it can be fabricated with steel for example a property near or with less than 1500 feet from the ocean will not receive or be approved for the 40 years finish warranty since steel will corrode much faster compared with an inland metal roofing installation due to salt spray or salt in the air. When installing an aluminum standing seam metal roof flat panel it is highly recommended the installation of a backer rod under the panel to control the expansion of the panel, not really noticeable and it does a great job against oilcanning.
FASTENERS, BUTYL TAPE, PIPE BOOTS, RIVETS AND MORE
SHEETS & COILS
Standing Seam Metal Roofing Colonial Red installed in New York 032 Aluminum 16'' Panel Colonial Red
032 Standing Seam Metal Roofing Color: Preweather
Royal Blue Standing Seam Metal Roofing 032 16'' wide by 1.500 high Seam. Double Lock
24 ga Pre Weather Metal Alliance Standing Seam Mech Lock 1.500" x 16'' wide
Tropical Patina 032 Aluminum Standing Seam 16'' wide x 1.500'' h
Copper Metallic Metal Alliance 032 Aluminum 12''x12'' Custom Shape